How to Register your Child at PS 230

To Register Your Child at PS 230

 PS 230 logo 

If you are zoned for PS 230

If your home address is zoned for PS 230, you may register your child in Kindergarten - 5th grade by making an appointment with

Maryann Hegarty, PS 230 Pupil Accounting Secretary


To find out if your home address is zoned for PS 230, please click on school search, and enter your address in the line provided at the top of the page.


Make an appointment

To make an appointment to register your child, please call

(718) 437-6135 x 2570.  


Registration appointments are offered from 9:00 am - 11:00 am Monday - Friday in our upper school building.

  • Please do not be late for your appointment. 
  • Make sure you bring your child and all necessary documents. 
  • Allow enough time to complete the registration process which may include a Home Language Survey or other screening evaluation.

If you are not zoned for PS 230

Contact your zoned school to register your children.


If you do not want to send your child to your zoned school, you must visit a Family Welcome Center to arrange for alternative enrollment.


Family Welcome Centers are open from 8:00 am –5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am - 3:00 pm on Friday.

In Brooklyn, you can visit a Family Welcome Center at the following locations:

  • 355 Park Place, between Underhill and Washington Avenues
  • 1780 Ocean Avenue, on the corner of Avenue
  • 415 89th Street, between 4th and 5th Avenues
  • 1665 St. Mark’s Avenue, near Eastern Parkway


For a full list of Family Welcome Centers, click here. 

What to Bring

You must bring your child with you.

And the following documents:

  • Child’s birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism which includes the date of birth, or other official document of age

  • Immunization records

  • Latest report card/transcript (if available)

  • Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable)

  • Proof of address which may be verified by any two of the following containing the address of residence:

    • A lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence

    • A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison), must be dated within the past 60 days

    • A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days 

    • Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor or the federal Office of Refugee Settlement, indicating the resident’s name and address, must be dated within the past 60 days

    • A current property tax bill for the residence

    • A water bill for the residence dated within the past 90 days

    • Rent receipt which includes the address of the residence, must be dated within the past 60 days

    • State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence

    • Income tax form for the last calendar year

    • Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit which has not expired

    • Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days

    • Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence

    • Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence

    • Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers documents issued within the past 60 days with name of child and address of residence


    * If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit, or notarized letter from the leaseholder stating that you and your family live at that address.

As stated in Chancellor’s Regulation A-101, students in temporary housing may not be refused enrollment in a school because of lack of documentation required for registration, including proof of residency.