School Supply List
Helpful Tips for Parents
- Encourage your child to reread their writing.
- Ask your child what they are an expert in, and know a lot about. Then, let them tell you everything they know about that topic. Discuss key words that are important to know and understand if someone were to learn about that specific topic.
- Ask your child if they checked for capitalization at the beginning of their sentences and ended in punctuation.
- While you are going walking with your child, count together! Try counting by 1s, 2s, 5s, 10s.
- Help your child learn to identify money. While you are at the store, take the coins from your pocket and have your child identify what each coin is worth.